There’s a reason hemp is one of the world’s most important agricultural crops.
Its versatility is unprecedented and the nutritional profile of the seeds it contains is one of the most complete found in nature.
Check out some of the ways hemp can keep you healthy:
• The nutrients found in hemp can help reduce inflammation, which can reduce the chances of developing adverse health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and non-alcohol related fatty liver disease.
• The protein content of hemp is an excellent source for vegans or vegetarians and is a top choice amongst plant-based athletes and fitness enthusiasts everywhere.
• The polyunsaturated fat found in hemp seeds can keep cholesterol levels healthy and decrease the risk of heart disease and possibly prevent heart attacks.
• Hemp seed oil is often referred to as “nature’s most perfectly balanced oil because it contains a 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids.
• The fiber content in hemp can keep you regular, relieve constipation, and improve the overall gut health.
• Hemp seed oil has shown to balance hormones and reduce symptoms of PMS.
• While it’s a highly debated subject, hemp seed oil could be used to replace fish oil. Unlike hemp seed oil, fish oil does not contain the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids the body needs to thrive. Fish oil can also contain potential toxins such as mercury, dioxins, and PCBs, as they are commonly found in the large “top of the food chain” fish that is used to produce fish oil. Hemp seed oil is also more sustainable than fish oil, as it doesn’t reduce fish population or disrupt the delicate balance of the ecosystem.
• The omega-3 content found in hemp seed oil may improve skin conditions like acne by helping to manage and reduce acne symptoms. Research indicates that taking hemp seed oil both internally and externally (applying topically to skin and hair) can provide the most optimal benefits. Not only is it beneficial for acne, but has shown to reduce the signs of aging, can reduce the symptoms of atopic dermatitis, smooth inflammation associated with skin conditions like psoriasis, and more.